Sunday, April 10, 2005

How Henderson Happened

"Hi Mom I'm Pregnant," " Wait Who's pregnant?""

Jonathan and I decided that once I finished graduate school we would "work" on having a baby...he was totally excited about it and if he had his druthers this baby would have been here before now. So our task begins---and I am the type of person if we say we are going to do something, I research it, google it, come up with a plan and then we begin. So after researching it, googling it, and creating a plan - I had my fertile days charted on a calendar and pronounced.."Let the Games Begin" I have my suspicions on when we actually conceived but I can't quite put my finger on it. In the meantime Jonathan and I took a trip to New Orleans at the beginning of November with our good friends and "travel couple" Cliff and Alicia -- we had a ball and Alicia and I fired up the dance floor on bourbon street -- Who knew this would be my last hoorah!!

I found out that I was preggo (the name my crew would affectionately call me for the next 9 months) Early december - I was acutally in the shower and I JUST KNEW!! No Kidding - I knew that I was pregnant at that very moment. I didn't tell my husband because he was three sheets to the wind and I had no solid proof. By 6:00 a.m. the next morning, I urged Jonathan to run to Publix and grab a pregnancy test. He said your not pregnant GO BACK TO SLEEP. I thought to myself is this the same man that 5 months ago announced to our friends and family that we were going to "work" on a baby at my Graduation party. I poked him and jumped on top of his head...Get the Frik up and go get a pregnancy test--he laughed and snorted and turned over. I was furious, so I get outta bed throw on my coat and tennis shoes- yes still in my Pj's and drive off to Publix--I grab a test and run back home and head straight to the bathroom. In a half-of-a-milli-second a blue line was revealed - I gasp for air because this is the real deal!!! I take the second test and in a nano-half-of-a-milli-second the blue line appeared again. OK breathe again.....I tell hubby and he gets this glazed look in his eyes!! Wow
Let's start making the calls Me: "Good Morning, Hi Mom, I'm Pregnant " Mom: "Wait Who's Pregnant?" We have a good laugh about that later on....

1 Home Runs:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so happy you started it up...uh again..hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home