Sunday, April 10, 2005

Baby Shower

Today I took Henderson to a baby shower... I had anxiety about the shower all week because they made it a kid-friendly shower so that we could finally meet some of the other babies. I was worried how he would do on an outing because he has been acting loopy from teething all week. Alot of us have not seen each other in years!! So it was fun to finally see the kids face to face as opposed to pictures. Henderson was of course in rare form - he is squirming and trying to pull the gifts off of the gift table (this was the only chair remaining in the room). I knew I was gonna have to move soon.

The mother to be had all of these questions for me...and the truth is I really didn't want to answer anything about labor because my experience was... I hate to even say it...but it was horrible. I loved my doctor he was wonderful, the nurses were exquisite -well all except one, but she left soon after I got there. I can't blame any one person or thing it was just a horrible experience. I have yet to write about it because the only fond memory I have of the entire process is seeing Hendersons' face in the delivery room and my mom saying "Oh Aleigha Look what you have done, Look what you have given us" - everything before and after that was pure-d-hell.

And the mother-to-be seemed so etherreal looking and excited about the prospect of birth and she was firing questions at me and I was dodging them like they were atomic missiles. Everything from breastfeeding to epidurals, to post-pardom to c-sections. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it's all buck-wild out of control. Anyway, I will save the "birthing experience" for the the birthing experience post.

Henderson did pretty good at the shower everyone raved about how much hair he had, how ACTIVE he is and how strong he is. Each person that held him I had to give them the disclaimer that he would proabably wriggle outta of their arms and to be careful because he's a squirmer. It was nice to get out and socialize with other adults but I didn't get a chance to watch her open the gifts because it was close to Hendersons bedtime and I didn't want him to turn the place out.

0 Home Runs:

Post a Comment

<< Home