Monday, January 09, 2006

WonderMom, SuperBoy and sidekick Daredevil Dad

Today Henderson had a CAT scan to check for fused sutures in his skull. *sigh* This has been a harrowing experience just thinking that he may have to endure some type of surgery on his skull.

He was such a brave lil fella today, Our CAT scan was done at Scottish Rite Childrens Hospital, one of the best childrens medical facility, and everybody was so professional and caring. This was a tremendous help because I was sooo very nervous. They attempted to put H in the CAT Scan Machine in hopes that he would sit still for the test. They tried.....They failed.

Jonathan and I opted to go with a mild sedation that was done through an IV in H's hand. I held him so they could prepare the IV-and I swear it took them ding-dang 50 years to get it done. I felt so bad for H because he just wanted it to be over and so did I.
The medicine was added to the IV and H was knocked out in less than 4 seconds. It was actually the scariest thing I think I have ever seen. I don't know why I thought he would just sip some nasty liquid stuff and then ease into a light sleep. Instead he totally conked out and started twitching a little in the machine. YIKERS!!!

So now we play the waiting game........I am sure we wait
wait
wait
wait

and then wait some more for the results.

I just want to say that I have so much admiration for the little guy..he handled everything beautifully and I am soo very proud of him.
Hubby was a pillar of strenght also. Being strong, when I thought I couldn't. I have one INCREDIBLE family.

So, as soon as I find out any information I will update. We are just remaining positive that everything will be fine.

0 Home Runs:

Post a Comment

<< Home