Sunday, May 22, 2005

Let me see ya....1-2 Step

My little wonder boy continues to dazzle and amaze me. Tonight when he should have been sleeping; around 9:45 he is totally bored with the gazillion toys that surround him on the floor so he settles for the measuring cup as his new focus.

He has been an a crawler from about the age of 5 months and the speed at which he crawls right now he is neck and neck with me walking down the hall - LOL

But tonight was the night that I dreamed about, that all mommies talk about, the moment that is described in all baby mags and books. Tonight the Baby Boy Extraordinaire took his first steps!!!!!! hip hip hooray! He was cruising the furniture as usual and was cruising past my knee to the other side of the sofa. Still holding the measuring cup in his hand he turns around to walk the other way and releases the couch and takes about 4 wobbly steps -- Hubby and I were fortunatley both in the room and we were speechles - literally speechless. After his steps he plops to the ground and places the measuring cup in his mouth, like tonight is just another night.

As I put him to sleep tonight, I am content with myself as a mommy today!!! Possibly all the self doubt that I have had the last few months could slowly be seeping away because of this solitary moment.

I love that little munchkin more than the air I breathe! *sigh*

2 Home Runs:

At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go BBE! Time to baby proof the house even more now!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Alison said...

WOW, that's AMAZING!!!! You go H! And the site looks great btw :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home