Tuesday, April 04, 2006

King of the Lillypad




Henderson and I are recovering from our first swim lesson today and I can't wait until we go back!!!! I found this PERFECT!! DID YA HEAR ME? PERFECT!!! Swim Class/Instructor. I was leery about taking H to the traditional YMCA for many reasons. First, I could not find one with suitable hours- I mean Working Moms want their kids to participate in stuff too!!! LOL So, 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday is not going to work for me. Second, The ratio of babies seemed a bit much for me - it was like six to one instructor. Now I know my kid - he is FEARLESS -- and mom is FEARFUL that he will dive into the pool without as much as a floatee attached to him. YIKERS!! So in my quest for extra-curricular activities for kids of parents who work, I hap'd upon Swimmerman. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!


It is an at home business, the owner has built on a covered pool that is heated and has all of the amenities you could ever want! H and I got ready to go in (yes I donned a bathing suit -acckkkk) But I was soo excited I didn't even notice the cellulite - LOL! So H went straight to the instructor and left me on the steps of the pool - OMG! It was hilarious. He really took to the water and she had these great movable islands that he could go back and forth on. So he just went back and forth on each of the islands getting used to the water and then he did it!!! He put his head under water- he came up a little shocked but she showed him how to blow his nose out and HE DID!! Just like a pro!!! We floated him back and forth between the two of us for the next 30 minutes, she showed me how to hold him in the water and what to do when he got to me! H was such a lil' swimmer that he started going under the water and popping back up as a game!!! She sang a cute little froggy song and he would go under and come back up to the tune of the song--I was FLABBERGASTED!!

I really was in awe of Henderson and his natural swimming abilities, I just know he is going to be a sportsman!! He has excelled physcially for a long time and I continue to look at him and be amazed.


He even got a crown for his acheivements today!!!! The instructor seems to think that by the next lesson, Henderson will be swimming under the water. I can't wait. We have 4 more one hour lessons and I will update after each visit.

0 Home Runs:

Post a Comment

<< Home