Sunday, August 03, 2008

Overnight Celebrity

Ok…so who doesn’t love to splurge a little—when does shopping not make you feel good. So, if I needed an excuse to shop (I don’t) I have one. H-Man is starting pre-k this semester…WOW! (insert tear) and he is going to a wonderful school. It has an international baccualaureate curriculum for the primary program and if you have to leave Montessori…this is the only “acceptable” replacement ;) LOL


I don’t know if you heard but the new trend..and I was doing this before it was a trend is to let your “kid” show off your personality…so there are rocker tees for sale, of course you have the skinny jeans skateboarder look, and then there is my fav’ “the Prep”. I am sure no surprise there…I have been dressing Henderson as a “Carlton” for a long time. I even have a girlfriend who called him Fauntleroy….heliarious!

So, I have this bright idea to buy a zillion Ralph Lauren “polo” shirts and that would be his constant throughout the year. Well, I can certainly “flex” like a celebrity…but for the most part, I love a deal!! So, I copped a few at consignment sales here and there..not too much money. But I haven’t hit Polo Pay Dirt yet! So, one of my best girlfriends invited me to Macys this weekend and said they were having a killer sale. I know this because last week I got a Liz Claiborne pants suit at 65% off. I asked her is it anything like last week, she says even better…..plus you can use my employee discount!!! O.k.

Think. Strategize. Action.

I go to the sale and they have tons of R.L. shirts and they are buy 1 get 1 50% off…plus 20% off with employee discount as well as another 15% off, with some other something
( I was getting dizzy)


Here is my loot….






Fauntleroy is in the building….. LOL

Oh the reason for the title, Sis and I left Macy’s feeling like a celebs and went to get sushi at one our fav restaurants…Goldfish.

As we are deciding on dessert…Chili from TLC walks in and we are like…hey check her out! She was carrying one of her darling purse creations and looking tres’ chic might I add.

Anyway, just thought I would give you all a taste of a typical *cough* celebrity *cough* afternoon.

Toodles…. LOL

0 Home Runs:

Post a Comment

<< Home