Thursday, April 27, 2006

Decisions, Decisions,....and Handbags




I've spent the morning torturing myself by perusing handbags and shoes that I can't afford!! I really could save those as my screen saver and look at them all day long!!! Sniff!

But I am at peace with one decision that Dh and I have recently made. I have been in anguish for the last couple of weeks, trying to decide if I was going to place H in the exclusive HOITY TOITY ACADEMY. Apparently, they are the creme de la creme of preschools and everybody's child there is BRILLIANT!!!!

SO, my girlfriend who is also an educator- swears by this school and it is extremely hard to "get" your child in without a credit check! LOL I had so many people "vouching" for me that H practically had one foot in the door. Then I YANKED it out!!! The more I started thinking about MY SON, the more I felt like he wasn't ready.

We have just gotten over all of his food issues, and we are doing pretty good in that department, if things are out of whack, he still may not eat and it takes him at least 1 hour to finish. Also, as many of you know - mommy is now getting at least 8 hours of sleep and I want to keep it that way. I don't know if sending H to this school will unravel all of that, but I don't think my mental state could even take that chance. Not to mention, that even if I wanted to take H to "H-T-Academy" I couldn't feel comfortable doing so - Why, you ask?? They are sooo full of themselves that you don't have an opportunity to tour the facility, talk with the teachers or even ask the myriad of questions that new mothers ask!!! They feel like if you want your child to be there...then shut up about it and pay the entrance fee! The program should speak for itself!

I understand that once my child finishes this program he will be able to crack the DaVinci Code.- LOL But what about the small things? What happens if he gets scared? What do you do if he doesn't want to take a nap with the other children? What happens if he doesn't finish his meal by the time lunch is over? What if he doesn't like the food that is given that day?
I just wanted to feel comfortable with the day-to-day things that I know are challenges with MY CHILD!!

Well, this may be a blessing in disguise because H-T Academy was not the montessori approach, and I really like the philosophy of montessori and I think H would thrive in and environment that is not SOOO structured!! (I may live to regret that statement)

Who knows... For right now, we are satisfied that H doesn't put crayons up his nose anymore...the rest we will worry about later!

0 Home Runs:

Post a Comment

<< Home