Thursday, April 06, 2006

Spring has Sprung!!!



We are headed out to the Lake today!! Ahhh clear blue skies, semi-clean lake water (LOL), good folks and good fun!! Mom and Dad are having a ho-down of sorts at their lake home in Oconee, so this is a fine time for the grandparents to show off the grandkids. So, Sis and I are taking the bambinos and hitting the road. I had to get Henderson some "Lake Clothes" (hahaha) and buy him some flip-flops and sunglasses (Pics will be provided later). A trip to Old Navy was in order!!! - this is where I found that adorable t-shirt!!!!!

As I was waltzing through Old Navy yesterday evening, I realized that Spring Break is very strategically placed - First of all, it gives you an opportunity to adjust to the time change!!! Secondly, it also gives you the chance to look like a complete nut for a couple of days while you figure out what the hell you are supposed to be wearing. When I left work on last friday (before Spring Break) I had on a sweater cami, blazer, slacks and I think boots!!! Then yesterday I had on flip-flops and a tee!!!! What the heck!! How am I supposed to face going to work on Monday - what am I supposed to wear? First order of business - SHOES - need mules! need mules! This is the time of year that is PERFECT for mules!! It's not quite time to let the toes peek out, so you can show a lil' heel, but definitely to warm for boots, or loafers with trouser socks!!! My toes are screaming to be set free - right after a much needed pedicure!!

As I walked around ON, I am even more depressed regarding the state of my clothes. Post-baby figure does not necessarily warrant the breezy skirts and sweater-sets that are currently hanging in the closet. and I had pieced together a decent looking wardrobe to "get-through" winter. I figured out what needed to be bought to cover the "trouble" spots. Now I am back to square one!! Oh the agony of it all!!!!! I've got devise a new plan, sketch out the proper shapes, angles and shadowing techniques in which I can now don a new spring wardrobe!! LOL

I don't even know where to begin!! *sigh*

0 Home Runs:

Post a Comment

<< Home